When framing, 5 to 7 mm of each side of
the artwork is covered by the frame.
• If the signature is closer to one of the edges,
it will be partially covered.
• If the edges of the subject are unpainted or damaged over a
distance of 5 to 7 mm, these imperfections will be visible after framing.
• deepen the rebate by a few mm
• move the subject a few mm (if possible) relative to the frame opening
• restore the artwork (if possible)
Canvasses and panels are secured with small nails.
Paper subjects in paper must be secured to a sturdy support first.